2015 Maverick Business Plan Competition
The Maverick Business Plan Competition encourages development of new ventures, either for profit or social benefit by members of the UNO, UNMC & PKI community. You are invited to submit a simplified business plan that identifies an opportunity and presents a viable proposal to address it. Winning plans can be new or novel innovations or can also address better implementation of or finding new markets for an existing technology.
First Prize: $3,000
Second Prize: $2,000
Third Prize: $1,000
- Any team with a current UNO, UNMC or PKI graduate, undergraduate, doctoral, or post-doctoral student. Faculty & alumni are encouraged to participate by partnering with any of the above. Students must be enrolled in a degree granting program
- Teams may not compete if their concept is part of another venture, or has raised angel or VC funding.
- A current graduate, undergraduate, doctoral, or post-doctoral UNO or UNMC student must present the concept before the judging panel.
- Submission deadline: Sunday, April 5, midnight
- Finalists announced: April 9
- Finals: Tuesday, April 14, 5-7:30 PM
- How to submit
Questions?Call Dale Eesley (402) 554-2706 or email email@example.com
The 2015 Business Plan Competition is sponsored by the Center for Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Franchising at the University of Nebraska at Omaha.